Bahraini Ombudsman Meets Norwegian Ambassador
2015-05-22 - 11:29 م
Bahrain Mirror: Ombudsman Nawaf Mohammed Al-Mouawda met Norwegian Ambassador to Bahrain Sten Anders Berge in the Ombudsman's Secretariat-General headquarters on Thursday, May 21, 2015.
Al-Mouawda welcomed the efforts which are aimed at consolidating relations between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Kingdom of Norway in the field of human rights, especially that Bahrain persists on promoting vocational and technical cooperation with many international institutions that have experience in the areas of the ombudsmen work, in particular the European countries, through training courses, workshops and other kinds of vocational activities that reinforce human rights principles."
The Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs has already called, on May 13, 2015, for the release of the prominent human rights activist, Nabeel Rajab. The minister considered that the human rights situation in Bahrain "has deteriorated steadily in recent years," highlighting that, "the Norwegian ministry of foreign affairs defends human rights issues, that are considered a basic part of its work".
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus