Norway Calls on to Immediately Release Nabeel Rajab
2015-05-17 - 12:24 ص
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): The Norwegian authorities call for the release of human rights defender Nabeel Rajab, said State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bård Glad Pedersen.
Bård added on the eve of issuing the verdict against Rajab (13 May 2015) that, "Mr Rajab, who met the political leadership of Norway's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in September 2014, has been imprisoned several times following accusations of having publicly insulted the Bahraini authorities on social media and having participated in and encouraged unauthorized demonstrations."
"The sentence against Nabeel Rajab is another example of how difficult the situation is for human rights defenders in Bahrain. A large number of human rights activists have been imprisoned with extremely harsh sentences. Norway calls for Nabeel Rajab to be released as quickly as possible," Mr Glad Pedersen stated.
He summed up saying that, "The human rights situation in Bahrain has deteriorated steadily in recent years. Fundamental human rights - such as freedom of speech and freedom of association - are severely restricted, and civil society is under surveillance."
The Arabic Issue
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
- 2023-05-29BFHR: Saudi Arabia Executes Two Bahrainis after Sham Trial
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus