June 20: Citizenship Revocation of a Founding Father of the Bahraini Constitution
June 20, 2016 was indeed a watershed moment, when the regime was attempting to crown years of brutal campaigns of repression that were ongoing since March 16, 2011 by eliminating the major leadership of the Shiite community in the country: Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim.
Sacrifices of Diraz Massacre Martyrs Failed Regime's Objectives in Ending Leadership of Ayatollah Qassim: Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi
The Al-Wefaq Deputy S-G said that the massacre committed by the regime 3 years ago in Al-Diraz, which claimed the lives of 5 martyrs, aimed at "ending the leadership of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Ahmed Qassim, who enjoyed an internal and external consensus rarely to be seen in our political movement."
Prison Term of 3 Citizens in Diraz Sit-in Case Commuted
The First High Criminal Appeals Court issued its ruling in 4 appealing objections out of 167 defendants in case of dispersing the sit-in held outside house of Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim in Diraz. The court accepted 3 objections in form and rejected the fourth one.
Appeals Court Postpones "Diraz Sit-in" Case to May 25 for Ruling
The High Appeals Court postponed Diraz sit-in case to May 25 for ruling.
Amnesty Int’l Condemns Collective Trial in Diraz Case, Calls on Bahrain to Fairly Try or Release Defendants
Amnesty International said that the verdict issued by Bahrain on February 27, 2019, sentencing 167 people in a single proceeding to prison terms for their participation in a non-violent sit-in is yet another example of the suppression of the right to freedom of peaceful assembly that has been ongoing since 2011, and a new instance in the growing pattern of mass trials in Bahrain.
Bahrain Sentences 167 People to Prison in Crackdown on Dissent
A Bahraini court sentenced 167 people arrested in 2017 at a sit-in outside the home of Bahrain's leading Shi'ite Muslim cleric to between six months and 10 years in prison at a trial in late February, court documents and lawyers said.
New Testimonies on "Diraz Massacre" Reported by BFHR
The Bahrain Forum for Human Rights published new testimonies on the killing processes that claimed the lives of 5 protestors at Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim's house, during Diraz Raid, in May 2017, and the crimes that took place at that time
After Harsh Verdicts against Diraz Protest Defendants, Al-Wefq Says World Should Wake up from its Slumber
Al-Wefaq said that the Bahraini judiciary is in the service of the security and intelligence apparatuses in full; thus, the judiciary issued its verdicts on innocent citizens, but did not make a move to try the killers and criminals who killed five innocent citizens and tore their bodies apart by live bullets in cold blood in the same incident.
2018: Sheikh Isa Qassim Leaves Bahrain
Illness put an end to the house arrest imposed on the spiritual leader of the Shia in Bahrain, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, since May 23, 2017, when the authorities forcibly dispersed a sit-in that was held around his house for about a year, leaving five martyrs.
Diraz Sit-in Defendants’ Trial Adjourned until October 29
The First High Criminal Court in Bahrain adjourned the trial of 171 defendants, accused of involvement in an open sit-in outside the home of the spiritual leader of the Shiite majority in Bahrain, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, in what has become known as the "Diraz Raid."
Al-Wefaq Says Repercussions of Diraz Massacre Last Year Haven’t Stopped
Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, the largest opposition political group in Bahrain, said that the marks and consequences of the massacre committed by the Bahraini regime a year ago still continue to this day, despite the United Nations’ demand to investigate the massacre.
Trial of Diraz Raid Detainees Adjourned until April 23 to Summon Attesting Witnesses, Bring Security Footage
The First High Criminal Court in Bahrain decided to postpone the case of 171 citizens arrested by the authorities during the peaceful sit-in held outside the home of the spiritual leader of the Shiite majority in Bahrain, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim.
Court Released One Defendant in "Diraz Raid" Case Yesterday
Summary: The First High Criminal Court released yesterday one of the defendants in a case that included 171 suspects accused of assembling in "Diraz Raid" case.
Diraz Sit-in Defendants’ Trial Adjourned until March 12
High Criminal Court in Bahrain adjourned trial of 171 defendants, accused of involvement in an open sit-in outside the home of the spiritual leader of the Shiite majority in Bahrain, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, in what has become known as the “Diraz Raid.”
Bahrain: Court Releases 140 Citizens out of 171 Arrested in “Diraz Attack”
A Bahraini court decided to release 140 individuals arrested in Diraz raid carried out by Bahraini authorities to crush the protest outside the highest religious leader in the country, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim, on May 21, 2017, that left 5 killed citizens and hundreds of detainees and injured.
2017: A Bloody Year Leaves 15 Martyrs, Live Rounds Resulted in the Deaths of 12
The year 2017 emerged as one of the most burdensome years in the memories of Bahrainis, and one of the deadliest years ever.
2017: This is Bahrain; 15 Martyrs, 14 Death Sentences, Al-Wasat Suspension, Wa’ad Dissolution, Diraz Raid, Israeli Visit
2017 was an exhausting year with rougher escalating violence. The political situation ended its 6th year falling deeper into crisis, with eradicating freedom of expression and opinion, issuing harsher and retaliating judicial verdicts. Everything is heading towards ending the last margin of the "state", and in return rule with oppression, tyranny, and suppression of voices and lives.
Detention of 70 Arrested in "Diraz Raid" Extended 30 More Days
The Public Prosecutor's Office extended the detention of 70 Bahrainis arrested in the Diraz raid for 30 additional days on Thursday (December 7, 2017), after they have completed six months in behind bars.
Prosecution Refers First Diraz Raid Cases to Trial, Accuses Citizen of Running over Policeman and Attempting to Murder Him
Bahrain’s Public Prosecution referred on Wednesday (December 6, 2017) the first case related to Diraz assembly to court, in which one of the citizens is accused of attempting to run over a policeman.
Public Prosecution Arrests Number of Diraz Detainees for 6 Months Pending Investigations
The Public Prosecution decided to arrest a number of Diraz detainees for 6 months pending investigation; this is the detention duration allowed by the new amendments made to the Terrorism Act used by Bahrain to confront opposers.