British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
2023-03-29 - 4:31 p
Bahrain Mirror: British MPs launched a motion to release political prisoners in Bahrain on their 12th anniversary of their imprisonment.
The MPs said in a statement, signed by two Scottish National Party MPs Berndan O'Hara and Allan Dorans, that they are commemorating the 12th anniversary of the imprisonment of political prisoners in Bahrain, indicating that many of them were subjected to torture "some of which was documented in the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report."
They also "expressed grave concern over their ongoing, wrongful detention and violations of their human rights," and stressed that "many still face the denial of access to timely and adequate medical care."
They deplored reports that since July 2021 Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace and Hasan Mushaima have been held in effective solitary confinement, noting that Al-Singace has been on hunger strike for over one year and eight months, due to the Bahraini authorities' refusal to return his arbitrarily confiscated, apolitical academic research to his family.
The MPs reiterated calls made by human rights organizations for Bahrain to release Dr. Al-Singace along with other prisoners immediately and unconditionally.
It is to mention that during Bahrain's Arab Spring pro-democracy uprising in 2011, authorities arrested opposition figures, religious leaders and human rights defenders, including Hassan Mushaima, Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja, Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace, Sheikh Mohammed Habib Al-Miqdad, Sheikh Abduljalil Al-Miqdad, Sheikh Saeed Al-Nouri, Abdulwahab Husain, Mohamed Ali Ismaeel, Sheikh Mirza Al-Mahroos and Sheikh Abdulhadi Al-Mukhoder, of whom seven are convicted to life imprisonment and three to 15 years.
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial