Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
2023-03-22 - 6:51 p
Bahrain Mirror: Interior Minister Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa said that "Open Prison" stage will begin during the holy month of Ramadan in "buildings equipped according to the best standards."
Speaking during the "Community Partnership and Belonging to the Nation Day" ceremony in Manama, the minister said "The number of beneficiaries since its implementation until today reached 4815 people," claiming that "open prisons are also considered a turning point and an essential stage in the implementation of the provisions of the Alternative Sanctions." It is to mention that the majority of the aforementioned number are criminal prisoners, while political prisoners are a minority.
He said that the next stage is the gradual integration of the convicts into society.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini