Health of Detained Former MP Sheikh Hasan Isa Deteriorates on His Fifth Day of Hunger Strike
2023-03-14 - 2:45 p
Bahrain Mirror: The health of the detained former MP Sheikh Hasan Isa has reportedly deteriorated as he enters his fifth day of hunger strike to protest ill-treatment at Jaw Central Prison.
Former MP Sheikh Hasan Isa has started a hunger strike 5 days ago to draw the attention of participants at the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) conference to the deteriorating human rights situation in Bahrain.
MP Hasan Isa has been in the regime's prisons for nearly 9 years, during which he was subjected to the most heinous forms of torture, reprisals for his peaceful activism, his demands for legislative reforms, and his calls for justice, democracy and freedom.
His hunger strike coincided with the launch of the 146th IPU Assembly in Manama from 11 till 15 March 2023. 2,000 parliamentarians and international observers representing 179 countries are to participate in the conference.
It is noteworthy mentioning that former MP Sheikh Ali Salman, head of the largest parliamentary bloc in Bahrain's history, is also languishing in regime prisons. Many MPs have been arrested, tortured, stripped of their citizenship and exiled for their demands for reform.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth