Iran: After Agreement with Saudi Arabia, Positive Development can Happen with Bahrain
2023-03-14 - 9:58 am
Bahrain Mirror: Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Nasser Kanaani said his country would welcome restoring ties with Bahrain, following a recent China-brokered deal between Tehran and Riyadh.
Speaking in his weekly conference in Tehran, Kanaani stated "Fortunately, with the positive atmosphere that we are witnessing in the region, this positive development can happen in connection with other regional countries as well, including Bahrain."
"This important diplomatic development can have positive effects and results in regional relations between countries in this common geography," he said, explaining that "Iran-Bahrain ties are not an exception".
"The resumption of political relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia shows the effectiveness and success of the diplomatic solution to resolve misunderstandings," said Nasser Kanaani.
Manama severed ties with Tehran in 2016 after Riyadh severed diplomatic ties with Tehran after angry protesters stormed a Saudi consulate to protest the execution of Ayatollah Sheikh Nimr Baqir Al-Nimr.
Iran and Saudi Arabia announced on Friday, March 10, 2023, that they will reestablish diplomatic relations following a deal brokered by China.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini