Chairman of Danish Delegation to IPU Conference Demands Bahrain to Release Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
2023-03-14 - 2:52 am
Bahrain Mirror: MP Søren Søndergaard, chairman of the Danish parliamentarian delegation to the inter-parliamentary union conference, currently held in Manama, demanded Bahrain to release prisoner of conscience Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja.
Søndergaard said in a post on his Facebook page: "As a chairman of the Danish delegation, I seized the opportunity to demand the release of Danish citizen Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja, who has been in prison since 2011 due to his struggle for democracy and human rights."
The Danish MP stated that "people like Al-Khawaja should not be left in the lurch, regardless of the regime that keeps them in prison," considering that "struggle for democracy and human rights is global."
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth