Lawyer Al-Mannai's Tweet on IPU Meetings Leads Him to Prison
2023-03-09 - 12:58 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities arrested yesterday lawyer Ibrahim Al-Mannai, an activist in expressing his views on Twitter.
Lawyer Abdullah Hashem wrote late yesterday evening, Wednesday, March 8, 2023, "I knew that Mr. Ibrahim Al-Mannai was arrested yesterday over facts related to opinion cases."
Hashem called for the release of Al-Mannai, describing him as "the reformist national writer who was known for his keenness on Bahrain and everything that preserves this country."
Observing the account of the detained lawyer, the most prominent of what he wrote was related to the meetings of the Inter-Parliamentary Union, as Al-Mannai wrote on March 6, "Bahrain hosts the Inter-Parliamentary Union, if Bahrain is interested in highlighting the Bahraini parliament to the world and obtaining (international reputation), let it reform the legislative system, especially the parliament, and make it an influential parliament that affects the lives of the people and an influential partner in political and legislative decision-making."
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges