Authorities Deceive Prisoners by Canceling their Medical Appointments after Ending their Strike
2023-02-24 - 5:24 p
Bahrain Mirror: Americans for Human Rights and Democracy in Bahrain denounced the deception practiced by the authorities against political prisoners by canceling their medical appointments, including prisoner Mohammad Hasan Abdullah Al-Ramel, who is in his 60s and is sentenced to life imprisonment.
The organization pointed out, in tweets on “Twitter”, that on Thursday, February 23, 2023, officer Ali Al-Aradi assured Al-Ramel that he would never be taken to his promised medical appointments after he ended his hunger strike based on the administration’s promise to him and a clear deterioration in his stomach.
It added that the same officer informed Al-Ramel that his upcoming appointments at the orthopedic doctor on February 30, 2023, and at the ophthalmologist on August 9, 2023, were canceled.
It pointed out that since 2022, Al-Ramel has been suffering from not being prescribed the appropriate medications, especially for his stomach ulcer, noting that he fainted on July 18, 2022 as a result of his 15-day hunger strike to protest the failure to meet his repeated demands for treatment.
The organization held the Ministry of Interior responsible for the deteriorating health of Al-Ramel who suffers chronic diseases and demanded an investigation into the reason for the cancellation of his medical appointments and accountability of those responsible, as well as demanding his immediate and unconditional release.
The authorities arrested Mohammed Hasan Abdullah Al-Ramel, on November 3, 2015. A court sentenced him to life in prison in the trial of a group of 115 detainees known as the “Zulfiqar Brigades”.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges