Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Criticizes Emirates and Bahrain's Normalization with Israel: We Achieved no Progress in Peace Process
2023-02-23 - 10:54 am
Bahrain Mirror: Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Salem Abdullah Al-Jaber Al-Sabah criticized the UAE and Bahrain's normalization with Israel, stressing the lack of progress in the peace process since the signing of the Abraham Accords.
During his participation alongside his Saudi counterpart Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud in the Munich Security Conference (February 18, 2023), Al-Sabah commented on the Abraham Accords saying that any bridge must lead to a place and serve a certain goal, and that the bridge that does not lead to a place is useless.
He stated "In 1979, two Arab countries signed normalization agreements with Israel hoping that these agreements would advance the peace process, however, these agreements did not achieve any progress in the peace process within 44 years. Two years ago, Arab countries said that the Abraham Accords would help advance the peace process, however, here we are, two years after these accords, we are not closer to peace than we were two years ago."
He concluded by saying "The bridge must be built to reach a goal, it cannot lead to nowhere, and there must be progress on the Palestinian cause first."
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges