Qatari Foreign Affairs Minister Meets his Bahraini Counterpart in Riyadh
2023-02-08 - 1:22 p
Bahrain Mirror: After two years of Qatar's ignoring Bahraini demands to hold a dialogue to resolve the outstanding issues and normalize relations between the two countries, the Qatari Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani met his Bahraini counterpart Abdullatif Al-Zayani on Tuesday (February 7, 2023).
Bahrain News Agency said that the meeting was held at the headquarters of the General Secretariat of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf in Riyadh.
The meeting explored the establishment of the necessary mechanisms and procedures to launch discussions at the level of bilateral committees, in accordance with the Al-Ula Declaration issued at the Al-Ula Summit, according to BNA.
Since the signing of the Al-Ula Declaration on January 4, 2021, Qatar has normalized relations with Saudi Arabia, and later, the UAE and Egypt, but it has ignored Bahrain and refused to sit down with it to resolve the outstanding issues, despite dozens of public statements and a number of official diplomatic messages sent by the Bahraini side to Qatar.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons