Iranian FM: We're Exchanging Messages with Bahrain through Intermediary
2023-01-31 - 10:02 am
Bahrain Mirror: Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said that his country is exchanging messages with Bahrain through a mediator, stressing that Iran has taken many steps to strengthen relations with Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.
In a press conference with his Qatari counterpart, Mohammed Abdulrahman Al Thani, in the Iranian capital, Tehran on Monday (January 30, 2023), Amir-Abdollahian said in response to a journalist's question that "with regards to Bahrain, messages are being exchanged between the two countries through an intermediary."
"We believe that we have reached a position past the stage of dialogue," he said, adding: "We must enter the next step and stage, which is sustainable cooperation." He further noted that his country's government gives great significance and priority to strengthening relations with neighboring countries.
Amir-Abdollahian concluded his statement by saying that Iran has taken "many steps of dialogue to strengthen relations with all neighboring countries and the region, including Saudi Arabia and Bahrain."
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons