Pope of Vatican Urges King, Crown Prince to Turn Page of 2011 Crisis, Resolve Prisoners' File
2022-11-07 - 1:41 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society announced that his Holiness, the Pope of Vatican, discussed with Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and his son, the Crown Prince, and Prime Minister, separately, the necessary to turn the page of 2011 crisis, urging them to stop sectarian discrimination and achieve justice and equity at all levels. The Pope also spoke in detail about political prisoners, exiles and death row detainees and demanded that these files be resolved.
The piece of news published by Al-Wefaq read:
Pope Francis has discussed with Bahrain's Crown Prince and Prime Minister the events of 2011, and the subsequent measures taken by the regime, calling for exerting further practical efforts to turn the page of 2011 and overcome its entire political, human rights and security repercussions.
The Pope has also stressed the need for all Bahrainis to enjoy security, tranquility and a decent life alike.
He has affirmed the need to stop sectarian discrimination and achieve justice and equity at all levels, speaking in details about political prisoners, exiles and death row detainees, and demanded too that these files be resolved in a way that guarantees security and peace of mind for all citizens.
This is in addition to the Pope's direct talk with Bahrain's King on the ongoing crisis between the government and the people, in which he was frank and explicit.
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat