Bahrain Authorities Provoked by Al-Jazeera Coverage of Pope's Statements on HR Respect
2022-11-04 - 7:06 p
Bahrain Mirror: The National Communication Center in Bahrain, which is tasked to manage communication and information operations and activities in times of crisis, in coordination with key government agencies, has issued a statement in which it criticized Al-Jazeera Channel's coverage of the Pope's statements through which he called on the King and authorities to commit to combat discrimination on religious grounds, abolish death sentences and implement constitutional obligations.
The National Communications Center in the Kingdom of Bahrain confirmed "its categorical rejection of what was reported in the Qatari Al-Jazeera report on the visit of His Holiness Pope Francis to the Kingdom." The Centre said that Al-Jazeera "broadcast misleading and grossly inaccurate media content on the humanitarian impact of the historic visit, emphasizing respect for the principles of human rights, religious and labor freedoms, and praising the Kingdom of Bahrain's successful efforts to consolidate the value of coexistence, peace and human brotherhood."
The Center held the Qatari authorities "responsible for the fabrications and misleading statements broadcast by the Qatari Al-Jazeera channel, which are inconsistent with the lofty aims of the Gulf Cooperation Council and involve wholly unacceptable abuses."
Referring to Bahrain's constitution, the pope said in his statement on (November 3, 2022) commitments should constantly be put into practice so that "religious freedom will be complete", equal dignity and equal opportunities "concretely recognised for each group", and that no forms of discrimination exist nor human rights "violated".
"I think in the first place of the right to life, of the need to guarantee that right always, including for those being punished, whose lives should not be taken," he added.
Pope Francis was speaking at Sakhir Palace alongside King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat