Sheikh Al-Daihi: We Appreciate Pope's Calls to Counter Discrimination on Religious Basis, Abolish Death Penalty in Bahrain
2022-11-04 - 2:36 p
Bahrain Mirror: Deputy Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, expressed his society's appreciation to Pope Francis' calls after arriving in Bahrain on Thursday to counter religious discrimination and protect constitutional obligations.
"We appreciate Pope Francis' call in Bahrain to combat discrimination on the basis of religion, not to violate fundamental human rights, guarantee the right to life in reference to death sentences, as well as respect and enforce constitutional obligations," said Sheikh Al-Daihi in an official statement through his official Twitter account.
"Bahrain is a country that represses religious tolerance and freedoms, and the path towards political partnership and social justice requires putting an end to political repression," he added.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin