Jaw Prisoners: Participation in Elections is Approval of Political Reality
2022-10-17 - 3:05 p
Bahrain Mirror: A statement issued by political prisoners in Bahrain said that participation in the elections represents an approval of the political situation in the country, declaring their adherence to the option of boycotting the elections scheduled for next month.
The statement issued by Jaw prisoners called on "the people to thwart the schemes of fraud and domination." It added that "participation is an omission of the horrific crimes committed by the government and its despicable apparatus against our people. It is a betrayal against the blood of martyrs."
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms