MoI Complicit with Public Prosecution, Fabricates Case against Sheikh Abduljalil: Sayed Ahmed Al-Wadaei
2022-09-30 - 8:38 p
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activist Sayed Ahmed Al-Wadaei revealed on Thursday (September 29, 2020) that "the Public Prosecution demanded to interrogate Sheikh Abduljalil Al-Meqdad over a complaint lodged by officer Ali Farhan, who lead the assault against Sheik Al-Meqdad."
"Sheikh Al-Meqdad refused to cooperate with them. It is clear that the Interior Ministry, in complicity with Public Prosecution, decided to fabricate a case against Sheikh Abduljalil Al-Meqdad after he exposed the blatant abuse he was subjected to in Jaw Prison. Meanwhile, the Ombudsman started an investigation with Al-Meqdad over being assaulted."
Al-Wadaei said that the same incidents that happened with prisoner Ahmad Jaafar, after he documented the assault he was subjected to by officer Saddam, are being repeated now. The CID initiated investigations in Jaafar's case, however, the court sentenced him to prison.
"This is how the victim turns into a perpetrator. The aim is to silence any voice speaking out about any violation against prisoners," he stated.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms