Applying Open Prisons Program, Allowing Prisoners to Spend 12 Hours outside Prison
2022-08-22 - 8:58 p
Bahrain Mirror: Information revealed that the Jaw Prison administration has started implementing the open prisons program that allows prison inmates to spend a large part of the day at their homes, work sites or schools.
Legal advisor Ibrahim Sarhan confirmed that Jaw prison authorities have transferred 46 convicts, including 12 political detainees, whose sentences and ages are different, to a building designated to the implementation of the open prisons program.
He said convicts would undergo lectures, while being allowed to perform calls openly and daily through their balance during the day. Convicts will be served meals different from the regular prison meals.
"According to preliminary and unofficial information, the first group will remain for 3 months in Jaw Prison (the designated building) and then they will be transferred to separate prisons in provinces that will be dedicated to the implementation of the program," Sarhan said.
He continued to say "Those sentenced will spend 12 hours at home, work or study and 12 hours in prison with reduced restrictions for 6 months."
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?