Foreign Minister: Qatar didn't Respond to Bahrain's Calls to Settle Outstanding Issues
2022-08-06 - 9:05 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Foreign Minister Abdullatif Al-Zayani said that Bahrain has called on Qatar several times to hold bilateral talks to resolve the outstanding issues, however, Qatar has not responded to Bahrain's calls so far to implement the statement issued in Al-Ula summit.
During a meeting he held with editors of local newspapers on Thursday (August 5, 2022), Al-Zayani regretted that relations with Qatar continue as they are, adding that the door is still open for dialogue according to Al-Ula statement on all outstanding issues that require research, including, for example, the issue of Bahraini fishermen, maritime coordination, aviation and others.
Al-Zayani has previously spoken on more than one occasion about Qatar's continued disregard for Bahrain's calls for dialogue. Besides, King of Bahrain, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, visited Emir of Qatar in his residence in Saudi Arabia last month on the sidelines of the meeting between the GCC leaders and US President Joe Biden, however, Qatar didn't publish any piece of news related to that visit, and no progress has been made in relations between the two countries.
Qatar has been ignoring, since Al-Ula agreement, any normalization of relations with Bahrain, while it has normalized relations with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People