Bahrain: Shiites Banned from Leaving Bahrain to Holy Sites in Iraq
2022-08-04 - 1:12 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, largest political opposition society, said that the security authorities prevented Shiite citizens from leaving the country to visit holy sites in Iraq.
It said in a tweet on Wednesday (August 3, 2022) that the ban was issued by the Bahrain International Airport security authorities "within the sectarian persecution series against Shiites".
Hundreds of Shiites visit the holy sites every year in Ashura to take part in the commemoration of Imam Al-Hussein martyrdom in Karbala.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations