Reports about Academic Nader Kadhim's Dismissal from his Job at University of Bahrain
2022-07-28 - 6:17 p
Bahrain Mirror: Activists have circulated news of the dismissal of Bahraini academic Dr. Nader Kadhim from his position at the University of Bahrain on various social media platforms on Tuesday (July 26, 2022).
A document was published, which has not been verified yet, stating that the termination of Kadhim's services came as a result of "the academic department no longer needing him due to the lack of an academic quorum."
It is noteworthy that Kadhim was detained on Thursday (July 21, 2022) for a week pending interrogation, according to what sources close to him have stated, without any mention of the reasons for the arrest, while the Public Prosecution has remained silent so far with regards to the case.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms