Hours after King Hamad's Meeting with Emir of Qatar, Bahrain Removes Qatar's Name from List of Travel Ban Countries
2022-07-17 - 8:05 p
Bahrain Mirror: Hours after Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa met with Qatar's Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani in Saudi Arabia, the Bahraini Ministry of Foriegn Affairs removed on Sunday (July 17, 2022) Qatar's name from the list of countries to which travel is prohibited.
Bahrain banned its citizens from traveling to Qatar unless having a special permission from the Interior Ministry after severing ties with Doha on June 5, 2017. The Bahraini Foreign Ministry's website put Qatar's name among the list of travel ban countries and provided no official reason for this ban.
Bahrain currently bans its nationals from traveling to Iran and Iraq due to the Coronavirus outbreak, and warns them against traveling to Lebanon, Syria, Yemen and Ukraine due to security conditions.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People