Al-Wefaq Calls on Authority to Launch Genuine and Comprehensive Dialogue that Moves Bahrain to New Stage
2022-06-12 - 5:11 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society called for the launch of a serious and comprehensive dialogue between the government and the opposition that would lead to solutions to the problems of the nation within the framework of a comprehensive national project.
In a statement issued Saturday, June 11, 2022, Al-Wefaq stressed on "the golden rule launched by Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim in his last two statements: Either elections that solve the problems of the people, or no popular participation that increases the tyranny of the authorities," highlighting the importance of Ayatollah Qassim's recent statements on the subject of elections.
Al-Wefaq pointed out that the choice of reason, wisdom and patriotism is to move to a council that solves people's problems, which is the normal function of parliaments, otherwise, keeping the National Council as it is now in its form and content as a parliamentary council not for the people is without constitutional, legal and political and popular value.
Al-Wefaq, out of concern and national transparency, emphasizes the need to launch a national dialogue to reach a political reality that will shift Bahrain toward a new stage in which everyone participates in nation-building.
The Society highlighted that the current experience lacks broader popular acceptance, violates the Constitution and obvious legal rules, increases problems and contributes extensively to public discontent and the accumulation of crises.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour