Syrian Foreign Minister Receives Credentials of Waheed Sayyar as Bahrain's Ambassador to Damascus
2022-06-10 - 4:44 p
Bahrain Mirror: Syrian Foreign and Expatriates Minister, Faisal Miqdad, received on Thursday (June 9, 2022) a copy of the credentials of Waheed Mubarak Sayyar as the ambassador of the Kingdom of Bahrain to Syria.
During the meeting, Sayyar expressed his happiness at his appointment as an ambassador to Damascus, stressing Bahrain's keenness to strengthen its relations with Syria.
Most Arab countries severed ties with Damascus in 2011, while some, including Bahrain, only withdrew their ambassadors.
Bahrain's move comes weeks after Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad visited the UAE and met Mohammed bin Zayed in Abu Dhabi, in his first visit to an Arab country since the war broke out in Syria in 2011.
Most Arab countries are expected to begin normalizing relations with Syria this year, after the end of the war in most Syrian territories.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People