Major Bahraini Opposition Societies and Leaders Mourn Journalist Shireen Abu Akleh
2022-05-12 - 4:11 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Major political societies in Bahrain expressed their condolences over the martyrdom of Palestinian correspondent Shireen Abu Akleh.
Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society offered their "deepest condolences to all the free media people and journalists in the world, to the Palestinian people, to the family of journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, and to the directorate office of Al-Jazeera over the martyrdom of the journalist, who has always been a voice speaking up about the suffering of the Palestinian people and what the Al-Aqsa Mosque is being subjected to."
Majeed Milad, a member of the General Secretariat of the Al-Wefaq commented on the Israeli enemy's assassination of journalist Abu Akleh, saying: "May your soul rest in peace, Shireen Abu Akleh. You were fighting in the media front. You have exposed the crimes of the Zionists. It will not be late until Palestine's liberation."
Meanwhile, Al-Wefaq former MP Mohammad Jameel wrote via his Twitter account: "To God's mercy, Shireen Abu Akleh departs. All people who love Al-Quds and Palestine were saddened by your death. You were martyred by the brutality of the occupying Zionist army."
"The assassination of journalist Shireen Abu Akleh at the hands of Zionist forces in cold blood and with premeditation confirms the fact that one cannot coexist and normalize with the Zionist entity. May God bless her with his vast mercy and may God reward her family and loved ones," former MP Ali Al-Ashiri commented.
Al-Wefaq leader and former MP Abduljalil Khalil said: "A Zionist sniper's bullet assassinates the prominent journalist Shireen Abu Akleh. It is an artificial entity based on murder and terrorism, and although heavily armed, it fears the honest word."
For his part, Al-Wefaq leader Sayed Taher Al-Mousawi spoke of the assassination of journalist Abu Akleh, saying:" Our Arab and Isalmic people feel now that the allies, friends and nromalizing states with Israel are also responsible for every crime, assassination and intrusion committed by the occupation state."
Academic and Al-Wefaq leader Sayed Ahmed Al-Alawi also mourned Abu Akleh: "Shireen Abu Akleh, Al-Jazeera's correspondent in occupied Palestine, is a martyr by Zionist terrorism bullets."
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour