Condemning Occupation Crimes in Palestine not Mentioned in Bahrain's Friday Sermons: Former MP
2022-04-18 - 9:17 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Former Muslim Brotherhood MP, Mohammed Khalid, publicly complained about the lack of dua'a for Palestine in Friday sermons at the mosques he attends.
"How painful it is for us to go through the Friday sermon without hearing the name of Palestine, or prayers for our brothers in the Al-Aqsa Mosque," he stressed.
The MP went on to say in a video clip: "Although the sanctity of the Al-Aqsa Mosque was violated in the holy month of Ramadan and on Friday, this did not stir the feelings of the preachers. This is a disaster! May Allah reward all those who spoke up and sent their prayers."
Khalid criticized some of the preachers who did not address what happened in the Al-Aqsa Mosque, adding that "They didn't even pray for it?"
Mohammed Khalid's words may reveal part of what the government is doing through the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments, by directly intervening in a number of Friday sermons, especially in Sunni mosques among other mosques, by controlling the opinions put out by a large section of Friday sermons and preachers.
Khalid, who represented Al-Menbar society in two parliamentary sessions (2002-2006), raised doubts about the instructions or circulars of the Ministry of Justice to not address any matters related to the Palestinian issue.
Have the authorities in Bahrain prevented the preachers from speaking about Palestine or praying for its people, forcing the religious platform to accept normalization?
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat