Israel's National Security Council Designates Bahrain, UAE among Travel Risks Countries
2022-04-09 - 5:53 p
Bahrain Mirror: Israel's National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Bureau on Thursday issued an updated travel warning for 198 countries across the globe, designating Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain as level-three travel risks. The southern portion of the Sinai Peninsula was designated as a level-four travel threat, which is the most severe.
"Over the past year and a half, Iran and its proxies have intensified their activities abroad," the NSC's Counter-Terrorism Bureau said in a statement. "Within this framework, Iranian elements have repeatedly threatened to harm Israeli targets, and reflect an increasing motivation on the part of Iran to harm Israelis and Jews around the world."
"The assessment is that in the near future, Iran will continue acting to promote attacks against Israeli targets across the globe. Areas with a higher probability of such activities are countries near Iran, as well as enemy countries or those with which Israel doesn't have official diplomatic relations."
The bureau also issued a number of recommends to Israelis abroad.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms