Negev Summit for Normalizing States: Regional Security Body Set up to Face Security Challenges, Primarily Iran
2022-03-28 - 10:03 p
Bahrain Mirror: The six-party summit, which was attended by four Arab foreign ministers, as well as the Foreign Ministers of the Israeli entity and the United States of America, concluded on Monday at the Sde Boker agricultural settlement in the occupied Negev, shortly after its launch, without issuing any joint statement. Ministers issued individual statements.
Participants in the "Negev summit" include Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry, UAE Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Moroccan Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita, Bahraini Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Al-Zayani, Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
The six foreign ministers sat at a round table, photos published by the Israeli Foreign Ministry showed.
Today's meetings and the joint meeting were preceded by one-on-one meetings held by the Foreign Minister of the Israeli occupation with the foreign ministers of the participating states.
During his opening speech of the joint meeting, the Foreign Minister of the Israeli entity announced that it was decided to change the meeting into a "permanent forum".
The Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs said "Together with our closest friend, the United States, we are today opening a door before all the peoples of the region, including the Palestinians, and offering them to replace the way of terror and destruction with a shared future of progress and success."
"This new architecture, the shared capabilities we are building, intimidates and deters our common enemies - first and foremost Iran and its proxies - they certainly have something to fear," he stated.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges