Israel to Appoint Military Attache to US 5th Fleet in Bahrain
2022-03-28 - 8:59 p
Bahrain Mirror: Israel will soon appoint a military attache to the US Navy's Fifth Fleet in Bahrain, according to an Israeli diplomat on Monday.
Eitan Naeh, Tel Aviv's Ambassador in Manama, announced that the move "will happen soon," adding that "There is no fixed date yet".
"I assume that by the summer we will have our staff full here, including the additional officials who will join the embassy," he said.
On Feb. 3, Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz visited the US Fifth Fleet stationed in Bahrain and met with its commander Brad Cooper and commanders from the Royal Bahraini Navy Force.
Approximately two weeks later, the Israeli Navy participated in the International Maritime Exercise (IMX) in the Red Sea region and the territorial waters of Bahrain alongside fleets of about 60 countries and international organizations.
Bahrain is among the four Arab countries, along with the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Sudan and Morocco, that signed US-sponsored agreements to normalize their relations with Israel in 2020.
Bahrain's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Abdullatif Al-Zayani, is currently in Israel alongside his counterparts from Egypt, the UAE, Morocco, Israel and the US to participate in a diplomatic summit.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources