Ahmed Jaafar Calls His Family, Prison Administration Rejects his Family's Visit Request
2022-02-08 - 9:41 am
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh said that Ahmed Jaafar called his family and told them he was transferred to Jaw Prison.
Al-Saegh stated "12 days following the last call, Ahmed Jaafar called his family for the fourth time since his arrival to Bahrain after being extradited by the Serbian authorities," adding that "they told him the call was exceptional and didn't last for more than few minutes."
"Ahmed called one of his family members yesterday at 10 a.m. and asked him to send him some money so that he can buy calling card."
The human rights activist explained that Ahmed was told that he was transferred to Jaw prison and that he can call his wife and children under the condition of getting some money.
His family gave him money on January 27, 2022, according to Al-Saegh
The family said that they requested to visit him in prison, however, the prison administration rejected their request, claiming that visits are not allowed due to Coronavirus.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People