BCHR: Application of Political Isolation Law on Bahraini Society for Human Rights Members Hinders HR Activists Work
2022-01-31 - 10:45 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain Center for Human Rights called on the Bahraini authorities to reverse the application of the political isolation law, especially on the members of Bahraini Society for Human Rights.
It considered in a statement on Monday (January 31, 2022) that the government's application of political isolation law on the Bahraini Society for Human Rights president Abduljalil Yousif, lawyer Isa Ibrahim and Mohsen Matar and preventing them from running in the election of the next society's session a step the "hinders the work of human rights defenders and limits their work space, and thus does not serve the country's issues, whether locally or internationally."
Nedal Al-Salman, President of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights, said in this regard: "The Bahrain Human Rights Society, like other civil society organizations, must be seen as a true partner to the government in relation to the outstanding human rights files, and the application of this law against it in this way is a clear restriction of civil rights".
The Bahrain Center for Human Rights calls on the Bahraini authorities to reverse the application of the political isolation law, especially in this manner, which is arbitrary and does confiscate the free and effective practice of human rights work.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons