MoI Announces Receiving Dissident Ahmed Jaafar, Says He is Sentenced to 3 Life-Imprisonment Terms, 10 Years Detention
2022-01-25 - 10:25 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Interior Ministry officially announced receiving dissident Bahraini, Ahmed Jaffar Mohammed Ali, 49, from Serbia.
It said in a statement "Fugitive, Ahmed Jaffar Mohammed Ali, 49, was returned on Monday following efforts by the International and Interpol Affairs Directorate of the General Directorate of Anti-Corruption and Economic and Electronic Security. This success was brought about as part of a joint operation between member countries of the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol). Ahmed Jaafar was sentenced to three life-imprisonment terms and ten years detention for terrorism-related offences between 2012 and 2015, including murder, and manufacturing and possessing explosives."
The Directorate said that he was arrested after coordination and communication with a friendly country. He was previously a fugitive in Iran, and Interpol had issued a Red Notice against him following a request by Bahrain.
The Directorate emphasized that all required legal proceedings were taken in accordance with the Public Prosecution so as to enforce the law.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth