Number of British MPs Signing on Petition Demanding Al-Singace's Release Increases to 39
2022-01-09 - 12:15 am
Bahrain Mirror: The number of MPs signing on a parliamentary petition calling for the release of Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace has risen to 39.
The number of signatories increased at the beginning of the first week of January after the Christmas and New Year holiday.
Al-Singace has been on hunger strike for 183 days. The petition draws attention to the strike, which started on July 8, 2021 to protest the confiscation of a research he spent four years to prepare on popular proverbs and different dialects of the people of Bahrain.
The petition also addresses the unjust life term sentence against Al-Singace for his peaceful role in calling for democracy during the February 14, 2011 uprising.
Al-Singace is one of the most prominent opposition activists and an academic figure who has a respectable reputation inside and outside Bahrain.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People