King of Bahrain Receives Credentials of First Israeli Ambassador
2021-12-29 - 8:32 p
Bahrain Mirror: King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa received on (December 28, 2021), at Al-Sakhir Palace, the credentials of the Israeli Ambassador Eitan Na'eh.
The King exchanged words of welcome with the new ambassador and hailed bilateral relations and steadily-growing ties across all fields between the Kingdom of Bahrain and Israel, according to Bahrain News Agency.
Israeli news media outlets said that Israel's national anthem was played by the Royal Orchestra during the ceremony.
Meanwhile, the Israeli Foreign Ministry said in a tweet that the Bahraini King "reaffirmed the depth of relations between the two countries, and their development in all areas, wishing the Israeli ambassador success in his diplomatic mission."
The ceremony was attended by the King's Personal Representative, the King's Representative for Humanitarian Work and Youth Affairs, the Royal Court Minister, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Royal Protocols Chief.
Khaled Yousef Al-Jalahama arrived in Tel Aviv on (August 31, 2021) to serve as Bahrain's first ambassador to Israel.
On September 15, 2020, Bahrain signed an agreement with the Israeli entity in Washington to normalize relations between the two countries, along with the United Arab Emirates, in the presence and sponsorship of US President Donald Trump, two months before losing the presidential election.
Only six Arab states (Egypt, Jordan, the UAE, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco) out of 22 have official and declared relations with the occupying entity.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations