Bahraini Dissident: We Respect Lebanon and Its Peculiarity, Our Dispute is with Bahraini Authorities
2021-12-19 - 3:35 p
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activist Yousif Rabei stressed that "We don't have any problem with the Lebanese state. We respect Lebanon and its peculiarity as being a minaret for freedom of expression."
He explained in a statement to Al-Mayadeen website that "Our dispute is with the Bahraini authorities, which haven't had enough of violations inside Bahrain, but also exported these violations and attacks through intimidating and punitive measures against their political opponents in exile, including Lebanon. The documented violations reports presented at the conference harm the Government of Bahrain, that's why Manama addressed the Bahraini agencies to stop the dissidents."
Al-Wefaq Islamic National Society held a press conference on December 9, 2021 and launched its report on human rights violations that took place from 2019 till mid-2021.
"An Epidemic of Violations" report said that the total sentences issued against citizens, who were charged by the security apparatuses, in 2019 reached "7456 years and eight months", and "1755 years and ten months" in 2020. The report also spoke about the ill-treatment and harassment prisoners of conscience are being subjected to, as well as confiscating their rights, such as depriving them of treatment or calling their families.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour