BFHR Sends Letter to UN Secretary-General: Bahraini Gov't is Exporting its Violations by Pursuing its Opponents Abroad
2021-12-16 - 3:26 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain Forum for Human Rights (BFHR) called on the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, to intervene in the face of the arbitrariness of the Bahraini authorities, which are exporting their violations abroad by targeting political dissidents and human rights defenders.
The BFHR pointed out that the Manama authorities demanded the security services of the Lebanese Republic to expel members of the Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society after the press conference held last Thursday by Al-Wefaq to launch its human rights report, "An Epidemic of Violations," which documents violations from 2019 to mid-2021.
The BFHR urged the Secretary-General of the United Nations to call on the Bahraini authorities to undertake a national reconciliation that would achieve comprehensive and radical political and human rights reform, instead of resorting to security options.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons