MP Hamad Al-Kouheji: I Agreed on Increasing VAT after Consulting with People of My District
2021-12-10 - 3:22 am
Bahrain Mirror: MP Hamad Al-Kouheji issued a statement justifying his approval of the VAT increase after sharp criticism of him and others who agreed on the VAT increase amid public discontent.
Al-Kouheji justified his approval of the tax on his Instagram account (Wednesday, December 8, 2021) as due to a number of reasons, most notably his consultation with the people of the district he represents.
He explained in a lengthy statement that he contacted many residents of his district through WhatsApp, and personally visited councils, gatherings, and homes of citizens in his area to consult them on tax increase. He also contacted with notables of his district, as well as a number of "members of the distrcit's organizations", explaining that the majority of them supported VAT increase.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms