Dissident Ibrahim Sharif Prevented from Participating in Economic Symposium
2021-11-12 - 9:07 p
Bahrain Mirror: Member of the central committee of the National Democratic Action Society (Wa'ad), Yousif Al-Khaja, said that the Ministry of Justice rejected the participation of Ibrahim Sharif, former Secretary General of Wa'ad, in an economic symposium entitled "Financial Balance Program...In the Balance," which was scheduled to be held on Sunday, October 28, 2021 in the Nationalist Democratic Assembly building.
Al-Khaja explained via his Twitter account that "After members of dissolved political societies were denied right to run for elections, the Ministry of Justice rejected Ibrahim Sharif's participation in a planned economic seminar at the National Assembly building."
"This is a clear violation of public freedoms and an abuse of the country's reputation. It seems that someone wants to restrict public freedoms gradually."
The Vice President of Salam for Democracy and Human Rights, Yousif Al-Muhafda, stated "The Ministry of Justice's decision to ban Liberal dissident Ibrahim Sharif from taking part in an economic seminar came days after he spoke in one of the gatherings about the Parliament failure and the economic file in Bahrain."
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations