Palestinian Factions Consider Opening of Israeli Embassy in Bahrain Crime against Islam and Arabism
2021-10-03 - 5:20 p
Bahrain Mirror: Palestinian factions condemned, on Friday, Bahrain's reception of the Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid and the opening of the Israeli Embassy in Manama.
This came in a joint statement issued by Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Popular Resistance Committee, Palestinian Popular Struggle Front, Mujahideen Movement and Al-Ahrar.
The factions said "Lapid's visit to Bahrain and the opening of the Israeli Embassy in Bahrain is a crime against Islam, nationalism, Arabism and the peoples of Palestine and Bahrain."
"This strange insistence on continuing in the betraying normalization reveals the extent of the moral decline of the regimes which normalized with Israel," they said.
"This bold step of establishing Zionist embassies on a land of our Arab capitals is contrary to the aspirations and desires of the peoples of the nation that are eager to liberate Palestine and get rid of the Zionist occupation."
The Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid opened the Israeli Embassy in Manama in the presence of Bahraini Foreign Minister Abdulatif Al-Zayani.
Bahrain's Ambassador to Tel Aviv Khaled Al-Jalahma presented on September 14 his credentials to the Israeli President, Isaac Herzog.
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet