British University and College Union Calls on Secretary of State Dominic Raab to Intervene to Immediately Release Al-Singace
2021-08-19 - 10:38 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): University and College Union (UCU) condemned the imprisonment of Bahraini academic and human rights defender Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace. The union said in a tweet that the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Dominic Raab should intervene to secure Al-Singace's immediate release.
The UCU noted that Dr. Al-Singace has been imprisoned since 2011 because he stood for democracy. It indicated in another tweet that "One of Dr. Al-Singace's demands is that the Bahraini prison authorities return to him a book he had been researching and writing in prison for four years, and which they confiscated."
The union said that it is deeply shameful that a number of UK institutions is tied to this tyrannical regime.
- 2023-05-293 HR Organizations: Saudi Execution of Two Detained Bahrainis is Extrajudicial Killing
- 2023-05-29Bahrain Scholars: Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan are Two of the Nation's Martyrs
- 2023-05-29Sheikh Ali Salman Offers Condolences to Parents of Two Martyrs Sadiq Thamer, Jaafar Sultan
- 2023-05-29ADHRB: Execution of Two Bahrainis Brings Total Number of Executions in Saudi Arabia to 38
- 2023-05-29BFHR: Saudi Arabia Executes Two Bahrainis after Sham Trial