On Independence Ann. Al-Menbar Stresses Necessity to Add Constitutional Amendments that Allow Popular Participation in National Decision-Making
2021-08-17 - 4:01 am
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Menbar National Islamic Society issued a statement on the 50th anniversary of Bahrain's independence, in which it stressed on the national demands, allowing freedoms, on top freedom of expression and organization, expansion of the alternative penalty law and settlement of the conditions of prisoners and political detainees.
It also called for "adding constitutional amendments that expand the powers of legislative authority, allow popular participation in national decision-making, and enable civil society institutions to play their role. This requires the drafting of a national project that preserves all parties' political positions by building bridges of dialogue between the opposition, represented by its various political formations and national figures, on the one hand, and between them and the state on the other hand."
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations