Hamad bin Jassim Considers Qatar's Restoration of Sovereignty over its Airspace "Correction of Historic Mistake"
2021-07-15 - 9:47 p
Bahrain Mirror: Prime Minister and former Qatari Foreign Minister Hamad bin Jassim Al Thani said the decision to restore Doha's airspace from Bahrain is a "victory and correction of a historic mistake" that was made earlier with good faith motives to open a new page for relations between the two countries.
He noted that Qatar's motives for not demanding the restoration of control of its airspace were emotional and an attempt by Qatar to strengthen ties with its brotherly states.
Hamad bin Jassim's comment came after the United Nation's International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has given Qatar the green light for a new Doha Airspace to establish its own Flight Information Region (FIR) in its airspace and Doha Search and Rescue Region (SRR) based on Doha's proposal.
"Qatar's acquisition of its own aviation territory is an important achievement. What they worked to achieve deserves all thanks, he said.
Hamad bin Jassim added, "I remember that before the decision of the International Court of Justice to end the border dispute between us and Bahrain, we sought for Qatar to have a special territory for aviation."
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges