Case of Al-Zayani Adjourned until July 5 with his Continued Detention
2021-06-30 - 6:37 p
Bahrain Mirror: The trial of retired colonel Mohammad Al-Zayani over charge of insulting the judiciary started on Monday (June 28, 2021).
During the trial session, Al-Zayani denied the charges brought against him. Meanwhile, the public prosecution demanded to issue the severest verdict against him, local media outlets reported.
The judge decided to adjourn the case until July 5 with his continued detention.
The authorities summoned Al-Zayani on June 23 to investigate him after he spoke about corruption in the judiciary on his Instagram account.
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children