Interior Minister Discusses Implementation of Open Prison Experience, Expansion of Alternative Penalties Law
2021-05-26 - 5:19 p
Bahrain Mirror: As part of his visit to the United Kingdom, Interior Minister, Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa, met the Home Secretary of the United Kingdom, Priti Patel.
The Interior Minister hailed the long-standing and robust partnership between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the United Kingdom, especially in police operations and criminal justice. He highlighted the importance of reinforcing cooperation in exchanging expertise and building capabilities. The cooperation will also be related to Bahrain's study of the implementation of the open prison experience and the expansion of the alternative penalties law, along with the development of the current collaboration with the University of Huddersfield to introduce PhD program in human rights and the joining of Bahrain in the UK e-visa program.
The Interior Minister asserted the commitment of Bahrain to fighting terrorism through joint cooperation with the UK and other friendly countries and the enhancement of readiness, especially with the use of modern technology in terrorism. He hailed the United Kingdom's decision in January 2020 to classify Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.
The meeting discussed various security matters and topics of common interest and regional developments, as part of security cooperation and coordination to build upon bilateral cooperation to enhance performance in confronting security challenges and rapid regional and international changes.
The UK Home Secretary expressed readiness to reinforce security cooperation and coordination with Bahrain to meet current and future happenings and opening up new horizons of joint work to enhance the activeness of security authorities in facing challenges.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges