60 Political Prisoners Released So Far Under Alternative Penal Code: Bahrain Center for Human Rights
2021-04-12 - 4:34 p
Bahrain Mirror: The head of the monitoring and documentation unit at Bahrain Center for Human Rights, Inas Aoun, said that the Center recorded, yesterday, April 11, 2021, the release of about 60 political prisoners during the past three days.
Human rights activist, Aoun, had stated that the number is expected to increase, adding that she hopes that the release of all prisoners takes place, especially in the circumstances of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The releases included the oldest political prisoner, 75-year-old Muhammed Jawad Parwiz, and religious scholar Kamel Al-Hashemi.
Bahrain has been witnessing protests held by the families of political prisoners in the past 14 days, due to the spread of the Coronavirus inside Jaw Prison.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour