Al-Wefaq's Al-Daihi: There's a Need for Reform to Establish New Reality that Protects Everyone from Policy of Oppression
2021-04-11 - 10:20 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Deputy Secretary-General of Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, mourned martyr Abbas Malallah, saying: "How difficult it is to mourn a martyr who did not get to know the features of his children's faces before his martyrdom."
Via his official account on Twitter, the Deputy Secretary-General wrote: "May God have mercy on the martyr and oppressed Abbas Malallah, who died in Bahrain's prisons. He was a witness and martyr to ten years of brutal political persecution against prisoners of conscience."
"For the regime to go above and beyond in its dispute with its opponents, to the extent of depriving them of their most basic human rights, as is the case of martyr Abbas Malallah, who had been deprived of seeing his wife and children for eight years. They even went as far as depriving the family of the house they live in. How difficult it is to mourn a martyr who did not get to know the features of his children's faces before his martyrdom," stressed Al-Daihi.
Al-Daihi believed that it was necessary to reiterate that "there is a need for fundamental reform that would establish a new reality that protects everyone from the policy of oppression and tyranny based on a comprehensive and just political solution."
He further highlighted that "as long as the political formula is based on monopolizing political decision-making, and using state institutions for political retaliation, then the points of escalation used by the state will remain present."
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin