Jaffaria Endowments Announces Opening Matam Halls for Men Only, with 10 people Capacity, Special Arrangements for Commemoration of Imam Ali Martyrdom
2021-04-09 - 3:55 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Jaffaria Endowments Directorate in Bahrain announced its decision to limit opening Matams (Shia congregation halls) to men only, allowing no more than 10 people to attend in each hall, including broadcast and administrative staff.
"Ceremonies are limited to remote broadcasting at the current stage," said the Directorate, noting that "arrangements are under way for the commemoration of the blessed month of Ramadan, with medical precautions, especially during the birth and martyrdom anniversaries of Ahlulbayt, peace be upon them, and Qadr nights."
It further explained that the initial stage is limited to the presence of 10 people, and that the numbers will be raised later.
"The official authorities are currently working on a detailed study regarding the opening of Matams. Special arrangements will be made for the occasions of the month of Ramadan, the death of Imam Ali, peace be upon him, and the nights of Qadr," the Jaffaria Endowments added.
The Jaffaria Endowments Directorate stressed that "the attendees should not include the elderly or those suffering from chronic diseases. They should adhere to wearing a mask and 2-meter social distancing, and follow all the general precautions recommended by the National Medical Taskforce for Combating the Coronavirus."
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons