Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi: Lives of Prisoners in Danger
2021-03-30 - 8:55 p
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq deputy Secretary-General, Sheikh Hussein Al-Daihi, said that "the lives of prisoners of conscience in Bahrain have been in constant danger for years and are in more danger with the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic."
"All the noble people across the world must join forces to end this humanitarian crisis," he added.
With respect to the situation of prisons in Bahrain, he said, "Torture, restriction, starvation, assaults and ongoing insults. This is the situation in Bahraini prisons."
56 people have been tested with coronavirus up until March 29, including former Al-Wefaq member Sheikh Hassan Isa. Meanwhile, prisoners have complained that they are not receiving sufficient meals and that meals are not being served on time.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour