Al-Wefaq Holds Regime Fully Responsible for COVID-19 Spread in Prisons
2021-03-26 - 5:46 am
Bahrain Mirror: Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society held the regime fully responsible for what was happening inside prisons.
It said "Official sources have revealed information about the spread of COVID-19 among prisoners, who include thousands of prisoners of conscience crowded in prisons."
Al-Wefaq raised the alarm after the virus began to spread and infect a number of prisoners, declaring the need for an immediate and unconditional release of all prisoners of conscience in Bahrain, before it is too late and the disaster strikes.
It held the regime fully responsible for what was happening inside prisons, with the epidemic beginning to destroy the bodies that have been exhausted by torture and by many years under inhuman conditions inside prisons.
Bahrain's prisons are full of opinion-holders and prisoners of conscience who are treated as hostages to pressure them and the people of Bahrain, in order to prevent them from continuing to make demands, for which they were arrested, which are democracy, equality and public freedoms.
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife